Tuesday, September 12, 2006

dog gone, moving on



The puppies have all found good homes. Life returns to "normal". This tending pups is much like tending children, only faster. It's, for the most part, charming, reminding me of the essentials of daily maintenance. The poodles are so sweet-tempered. They are zen-like, urging me to live in each moment. The picture is of the last little boy to go home at three months. Now to find the stud for the next litter. Brown boys only need apply, we're looking to produce some brown pups.

I've retuned to drawing sessions after a two year hiatus. It feels wonderful. Out of three sessions, I've pulled off one drawing I like very much. I've found that some skills don't deteriorate with letting them lay for a while. It's like my brain was seeing and absorbing and remembering until I was able to use those places again. I've found this true with playing music, gardening, working shows, many aspects of my life. I think this may be one aspect of maturity. Oh my gosh, am I growing up?

Slowly, I'm finding the pieces of my altered livelihood. I'm getting by financially and am feeling very content with my choices. I have no more or less "security" than I ever have had. I've realized that I truly enjoy the personal exchange of my art work for money. I like to meet my customers. Hence, I will be doing shows again with a new, lighter set-up. I plan to work on silk and other light-weight fabrics only, no more schlepping around massive amount of heavy cotton. I've cleaned out my studio and collected some projects I hope to finish soon. Lately, putting up the garden and acquiring my winter's wood have been my focus. These projects are as an important part of preparing for winter.

So the season, the pups and I move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home