Sunday, October 25, 2009

I finally saw a bear.

I was reading, 2am, cold night, curtains closed. I heard a ruckus out in the veggie garden. I knew it was a bear because the dogs were at the windows but silent. I turned off the light, pulled the curtain aside and there it was in the moonlight, nosing around the compost pile, knocking boards off the compost bin.

I watched for a couple of minutes, then went downstairs, got the camera and stepped outside. The bear ran, making yet another big hole in the deer fence. Boy can they move fast; I stayed next to the door. I didn't get any pictures, too dark and too far away. But I did see it!

That was a couple of weeks ago and have not seen or heard a bear since though there have been sightings in the neighborhood. I think it nice to know they are out there; I assume they are as scared of me as I am of them. Lions and coyotes and bears, oh my!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home