Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I have been writing, just not here.

This past July, I attended a NOAH conference in DC. NOAH stands for the National Organization for Albinism and Hypo-pigmentation. I have albinism and that condition has impacted my life in many ways since birth. Attending the conference brought up many memories and emotions about my life to date. Just preparing to attend started the process.

When I came home from the conference, I wrote for days and days. I poured out everything that was on my mind and created a diary of the conference, from my view. It's become a fairly large piece, a memoir. Every time I read it, I add more. It's so open and personal to me that I can't see publishing it in it's current form.

I don't tell you this to tease you. I do hope to some day incorporate some of that writing here.....just not yet. I just didn't want you to think I was a slacker.

But then I could tell you about the BIG vegetable garden I grew and put up this year. I could tell you about the tomatoes that wouldn't quit, a good problem to be sure. I'm still eating gobs of fresh greens, we are having a lovely fall.

More later. Thanks for reading.

7 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

It sounds like that Conference was a wonderful thing for you...To have all of this pour out of you--I think it is WONDERFUL! And maybe you will get it all in a shape and form that you feel you can publish....I look forward to that.

Thanks for your visit and your lovely comment.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, yes, I was surprised to see that you had posted something - it's been a long absence! Not that I'm posting much, either, these days. At least nothing of general interest, if I ever posted anything of that sort. Good to hear that you had a bountiful garden, but it looked more than bountiful when I saw it in early July! You had enough to feed an army, it looked like to me. I still remember the wonderful taste of the peaches from your little tree! I'll be back in March - building plans are proceeding in a non-linear way...

4:17 PM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I'm not sure if I remember that you have albinism. That explains your eye trouble I think. Kurt's cousin has that too. I assume this is a part of your memoir. Keep writing and read as many memoirs as you can. I bet it will be very interesting to read and wonderful for you to get it all out and organized. I do my best thinking when I'm writing.

8:00 PM  
Blogger colleen said...

That's great that the muse is working through you. You should join the Floyd writer's circle if it ever starts up again. But for now, just get it down!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I am very glad to hear that you've been able to write about your life, Chris. I think that the fact that it's pouring out so easily means that it was something that you very much needed to do.

Don't worry about editing now or about publishing it---just get it down. Keep writing. And, no, we'd never think of you as a slacker with a garden like that! We had tomatoes for an extended time, too, but alas, they are now all gone---withered and buried by snow, but a distant memory. :-(

8:23 AM  
Blogger Tabor said...

Glad to see you are posting more. I just stopped by to thank you for such a touching comment! Never thought about my bird pictures and how they help others see them more naturally. Without my telephoto, I would not be able to see these so well myself.

10:18 AM  
Blogger tattytiara said...

I love this age of communication and travel allows us to connect with people who share things with us that so few others do and/or could ever understand.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home